NILERD Knowledge Resource Centre (KRC)
The library of this Institute was established in 1962 as a part of the Institute’s
academic pursuit in the Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA) Campus
and it was moved to Narela in 2002 when the Institute was shifted to its new campus.
The library was renamed as Knowledge Resources Centre (KRC) w.e.f. 16th July, 2010.
Collection of the KRC
The KRC of the Institute has developed its collection in the form of documentary
and electronic resources on manpower and allied subjects. The total number of resources
of the KRC is 31,435 as on the financial year 2014-15. The details of the collection
is as under:
Documentary Resources (Books & Reports) = 31,150
Electronic Resources (CD-ROM) = 285
The holdings of the KRC may be accessed from the Online Public Access Catalogue
(OPAC) of the Institute through Libsys Software, which is an Intranet-based connectivity.
This Institute is an institutional member of the Delnet (Developing Library Network)
which is one of the best library networks in India. The bibliographical information
about the resources may be accessed across the world through Delnet website using
login and password. The KRC receives approximately 80 Journals/Magazines (Indian
as well International) and 13 Newspapers periodically.
Online Electronic Resources
- Indiastat.com (single user)
- JSTOR (Arts & Sciences VI) consists of 215 Journals.
- American Journal of Evaluation
- Economic Development and Cultural Change
- Economic and Political Weekly
- Gender & Development
- Indian Economic Journal (Abstract)
- Indian Economic Review (Abstract)
- Indian Journal of Economics (Abstract)
- Indian Journal of Gender Studies (Abstract)
- Indian Journal of Industrial Relations
- International Labour Review
- Journal of Human Development & Capabilities
- Journal of Human Resources
- Man and Development
- Reserve Bank of Indian Bulletin
- Science Technology & Society
- South Asia Economic Journal
- South Asian Survey
The KRC has an access to the DELNET database which covers Union Catalogue of Books
(approx 1 million bibliographic records); Union List of Current Periodicals; Union
Catalogue of Periodicals; Database of Periodicals, Articles, etc., which are very
useful research tools for the researchers of the Institute.
Library Documentation: The KRC brings out a monthly: “Current Documentation
Bulletin” in the form of Current Awareness Service for keeping its readers aware
of the latest information related to manpower and allied subjects. It provides bibliographical
information about the books/reports/CD-ROM, and articles from journals received
in the library. It also contains book reviews and book notes that are prepared after
consulting Newspapers, Book Reviews published in Journals, and Publishers’ Catalogues.
Newspaper Clippings Index: Apart from the Current Documentation
Bulletin, KRC brings out monthly Newspaper Clippings Index (with Subjects) that
is prepared from selected newspapers received in the KRC periodically for providing
latest information about manpower research and allied subjects to the researchers.
Article Alerts (With Abstract): The KRC brings out monthly Article
Alerts which consist of the latest research articles with abstract to keep researchers
updated with the latest research information. The articles have been selected from
the Journals received in the KRC during the concerned month.
Library Services: The KRC provides following services to its readers.
Rules of KRC
Mode of Providing Services
Current Awareness Service (CAS)
Online & Offline
Newspaper Clippings Service (with subjects)
Online & Offline
Online & Offline
Selective Dissemination of Information (SDI)
Online & Offline
Article Alerts (with abstract)
Online & Offline
Reprography (Photocopy and Printout) Service
The KRC is primarily intended for use of the NILERD Staff. Its uses can be extended
to any individual/organization either temporarily or for any required period by
the Director-General of the Institute. Books and periodicals may be consulted by
the outside scholars within the premises. They should, however, enter their names
and addresses legibly in a register kept for the purpose.
2. Hours of Working
The KRC will be open on all working days of the institute during the office hours,
i.e. 9.00 A.M. to 5.30 P.M. However, its working hours may be altered by the Director-General
to suit any training and other programmes.
3. Terms of Loan:
Members can borrow KRC materials for the below
Type of Publications
Period of Issue
Books, Reports and Bound Volumes of Journals
Loose issues of Journals and Newspaper clippings
May be borrowed for photocopying. To be returned on the same day.
4. Inter Library Loan Facilities
- Not more than 5 books and bound volumes of journals can ordinarily be borrowed by
a member at a time.
- Borrowing and return of books shall be done only at the issue counter of the KRC
and by the members themselves. However, Officers may, if they so desire, authorize
their P.S./Sr. Stenographers/Jr. Stenographers to borrow and return publications
on their behalf.
- No borrowed book can be transferred to another member’s name unless it is brought
to the counter.
- Member shall clear all their outstanding with the KRC on the following occasions:
- First week of January, April, July and October
- When the member is going to be absent from the Institute for a month or more.
- Whenever Stock-Verification takes place.
- Renewal: The books borrowed by the members can be renewed twice (30 days each time)
provided such requests for renewal are received in the KRC on or before the due
date. In this situation of non-renewal, a reminder from the library for return of
books must be honoured.
5. General Rules
- Members may request for publications from other libraries in Delhi. Publications
so borrowed shall be returned within a fortnight from the date of borrowing or within
the stipulated time as specified by the lending library.
- Other libraries and documentation centre may borrow publications from the KRC for
a period of 15 days.
- The Officer-In-Charge of the Library may recall any publication at any time.
- In such a case, the member is required to return it positively by the next working
- Readers are required to leave on the reading table all material consulted by them
and should not themselves try to replace the publications on shelves.
- Unless the borrower points out any damage to the publications at the time of borrowing
it, he/she shall be responsible for any damage noticed while returning it.
Readers shall be responsible for the loss of or damage caused to a borrowed publication
and will be required to replace it or pay the value thereof. If a unit which is
a part of set is damaged or lost, the reader shall be called upon to replace that
part of the set if possible or otherwise the whole set. In case of loss of any publication,
which the borrower is unable to replace by good copy of that publication, he/she
may be required to pay:
Electronic Resource Learning Centre (ERLC):
- An additional charge of up to 20 percent of its published price in case of publications
- A flat rate of Rs.20/- in case of Indian publications which have been received gratis,
if price is not known.
- A flat rate of Rs. 40/ in case of foreign publications which have been received
gratis, if price is not known.
- A cost of publications (Indian/Foreign) which have been received gratis, if price
The Electronic Resource Learning Centre (ERLC) has been established within the KRC
in the year 2010 in view of providing seamless dissemination of Electronic Resources
to its readers. At present, three latest computers with Internet connectivity are
available for the access to online E-Resources.
Contact Numbers of KRC
- 011-27787041(O); 011-27787215-17, Ext. 205
- KRC Circulation Counter: 011-27787215-17, ext. 203
- KRC Periodical Section: 011-27787215-17,ext. 202
- KRC Reference Section: 011-27787215-17,ext. 204